Answers available here.
Last name, First name
Year & Section
- A stone that is initially at rest is dropped from the top of a building. It falls for 5.0 s before hitting the ground. How tall is the building?
- At what velocity should a stone be thrown downward from a cliff 120 m high to reach the ground in 4.0 s?
- How high will a body rise that is projected vertically upward with a speed of 100 ft/s? How long will it take for the body to reach maximum height?
- How high an arrow will be 7s after being shot at 50 m/s?
- A balloon which is ascending at the rate of 12 m/s is 80 m above the ground when a stone is dropped. How long a time is required for the stone to reach the ground?
- A building is 50 m tall. A jealous lover wishes to drop a tomato from the top of the building onto the head of his girlfriend’s suitor. If the suitor walks at a speed 1.0 m/s, how many meters should the suitor be from the position below the tomato when it is dropped?
- A person in a hot air balloon that is 25.0 m above the ground and descending at 2.5 m/s drops a bag of ballast. How much does a 2.0 m tall crew member standing below the balloon have to jump out of the way of the falling ballast?